HUMAX USA ADVANCES DVD RECORDER CATEGORY WITH INTRODUCTION OF NEW 40-HOUR DVD RECORDER WITH TIVO® SERVICE
The Lowest Priced DVD Recorder with TiVo service ever to hit the Marketplace at $399
IRVINE, Calif. – May 3, 2005 – Humax USA, the “Easy-Digital” company, in partnership with TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO), the creator of and a leader in television services for digital video recorders (DVRs), continues to propel the DVD Recorder category forward with the introduction of the new Humax DRT400 DVD Recorder with TiVo® service. This builds on the success and sales momentum of the Humax DRT800, currently the leading DVR based solution in the DVD Recorder market.
Comprised of a state-of-the-art 40-hour TiVo Series2™ DVR, a DVD recorder (-R -R/W) and a progressive scan DVD player, the fully featured DRT400 is an unprecedented value at its $399 suggested retail price and is available now at select retailers nationwide. Like its award-winning predecessor (DRT800), the DRT400 is compatible with all television programming sources including cable, digital cable, satellite and traditional off-air antennas.
Unlike other manufacturer’s DVD recorders, the unit offers the popular TiVo service (activation required), which boasts the ability to control live TV as well as unique search and recording conveniences such as Season Pass™ recordings, WishList™ searches, and online scheduling. The incorporated Home Media features enable connection to a home network for access to digital photos and music stored on the PC, as well as transferring content among multiple TiVo boxes on the same network.
The intuitive TiVo user-interface also sets the DRT400 apart from other similar products on the market today. The unit is extremely easy-to-operate, and makes burning a DVD as easy as changing the channel. Users simply point and click the remote control to save their favorite programs to a DVD. DVDs can even be burned in the background while the user simultaneously records or watches live TV.
Tony Goncalves, Humax USA Strategic Marketing and Business Development VP says, “With this new 40-hour version of our award-winning DVD Recorders with TiVo service, Humax is able to hit a lower $399 price point. In doing so, broader spectrums of consumers are now able to take advantage of easy DVD recording and the full-featured TiVo service.”
“This product offers a fantastic lifestyle appeal too,” added Goncalves. “It’s perfect for the family or frequent traveler that will regularly transfer programs to DVD for playback on the road -- a great way to take advantage of the many new cars outfitted with DVD players today -- and portable DVD players too.”
Starting late summer 2005, the Humax DRT Series of DVD Recorders with TiVo service will be compatible with the new TiVoToGo™ feature, allowing video content stored on the hard drive to be transferred to a PC or Portable Media Centers.
The TiVo service is required and sold separately for $12.95 per month, or a one-time fee of $299 for product lifetime service.*
Key Features of the Humax DRT400 DVD-R with TiVo Service
· 3-in-1 Humax offers easy-to-use interface for recording, playback and burning TV programming to DVD. (DVD –R / -R/W)
· Up to 40 hours of recording capacity on Hard Disk Drive.
· Broadband connection allows you to connect to your home network to enjoy the Home Media Features: Access digital photos and music from your PC, schedule recordings online, and access programming from multiple TiVo boxes on the same network.
· Only the TiVo service burns DVDs in background; you can still record and watch live TV.
· The TiVo service allows you to manage what’s stored on the hard disc. You never have to worry about a program getting deleted.
· Now Playing menu makes it easy to find the shows you’ve recorded.
· Only the TiVo service works with any programming source including cable, digital cable, satellite and traditional off-air antennas.
· Includes a set of Front AV inputs for easy access to analog video transfers.
An updated list of participating retailers and detailed product information is available at http://www.humaxusa.com.
For all media inquiries please contact Muto Communications at 631.390.0218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1989, Humax Co. Ltd of Korea is one of the world’s leading digital satellite set-top box manufacturers, exporting its products to more than 90 countries across the globe. Listed on the Korean stock exchange (KOSDAQ), the company’s international headquarters and research and design facilities are based in Korea with offices in Australia, Dubai, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, the UK and the US. In 1997, the company opened a manufacturing facility in Northern Ireland that won a Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2002. Further production facilities are located in Korea, India, China and Poland. Humax recorded revenues exceeded US $400 million in 2004 and has announced plans to increase this figure to $1 billion by 2006. Humax’s US headquarters are located in Irvine, CA. For additional information please visit www.humaxusa.com or phone toll free: 1-866-HUMAXUSA.
About TiVo Inc.
Founded in 1997, TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO), a pioneer in home entertainment, created a brand new category of products with the development of the first digital video recorder (DVR). Today, the company continues to revolutionize the way consumers watch and access home entertainment by making TiVo the focal point of the digital living room, a center for sharing and experiencing television, music, photos and other content. TiVo connects consumers to the digital entertainment they want, where and when they want it. The company is based in Alviso, Calif.
* The TiVo service is required and sold separately. Pricing, terms and conditions of TiVo service are subject to change without notice. Product lifetime service applies to the lifetime of the DVR, not the lifetime of the subscriber. TiVo service is accessed through a standard telephone line and is available as a local call in most areas. In some areas, local and long-distance toll charges may apply.
TiVo and the TiVo Logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. TiVo Series2, Season Pass, WishList, and TiVoToGo are trademarks of TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. All other company or product names mentioned may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.