TRIAD SPEAKERS, INC. APPOINTED WORLDWIDE DISTRIBUTOR OF CONEXTION SYSTEMS IN-CEILING, IN-WALL AND INDOOR / OUTDOOR LOUDSPEAKERS
High-Performance Loudspeakers for Home Theater and Distributed Audio, Ranging from $140 to $600 MSRP Each
In-ceiling Models Employ Patented Technologies for Tool-Free Installations in 60-Seconds or Less
Portland, OR – December 10, 2008 - Custom loudspeaker solution manufacturer Triad Speakers, Inc. has been appointed exclusive worldwide distributor of the coNEXTion Systems brand of residential loudspeakers. The line is comprised of high-quality in-ceiling, in-wall and indoor / outdoor loudspeakers in 2- and 3-way configurations, ideal for demanding home theater and distributed audio applications.
The coNEXTion ZC in-ceiling series employ the brand’s proprietary Z-Tool™ system (for “zero tool” installation) and SnapLok™ angled baffle, both of which significantly simplify the installation experience. The Z-Tool system is a unique mounting mechanism that allows the installer to secure the speaker frame firmly against the drywall via four finger actuated “dogs” and latching levers, without the usual powered screwdriver or drill. Once the installer cuts a hole in the ceiling’s sheetrock, the frame can be mounted in 60-seconds or less without the use of any tools.
The SnapLok™ angled baffles drop into place, requiring no pre-alignment. A simple hook mechanism and three locking knobs snap the baffle into place, enabling the installer to rotate the angled baffle into the desired position, precluding juggling for screwdrivers or drills on the ladder.
coNEXTion Systems entered the marketplace several years ago, but failed to get traction for its direct marketing strategy. Triad Speakers president Larry Pexton says, “I am pleased to announce that we recently obtained the exclusive rights to coNEXTion Systems products for worldwide residential use. We re-launched the brand as a part of Triad Speakers’ offerings at CEDIA.”
Pexton continued, “I admired the work of coNEXTion designer Doug Wright when he launched the products three years ago. Doug carefully engineered the line to offer as good performance as possible from open-backed in-ceiling products. While a different approach than Triad’s traditional sealed box offerings, they are genuinely high performance products which we are proud to offer to our dealers.”
“The coNEXTion line will allow Triad dealers the chance to offer open-backed products at competitive price-points while providing superior performance compared with conventional open-backed products. I believe dealers will find coNEXTion very easy to install and configure for optimum performance in their client’s rooms, reducing their total time on the job site,” Pexton furthered.
“The Sonoma outdoor speakers were the most successful product in the original coNEXTion launch; they received a glowing review from Brent Butterworth, and provide a simply amazing bass output for their size. We are particularly pleased to have this product in our line,” concludes Pexton.
The coNEXTion Systems in-ceiling ZC series contains six different models - two 8-inch 3-way versions and four 6.5-inch 2way versions.
• The z600c features a 3-way configuration using an 8-inch woofer with a 1.5-inch voice
coil, 1.5-inch cloth midrange and 1-inch aluminum 50°angle Direct Axis
(no-diffraction) Extending Tweeter. MSRP $600/ea.
• The z500c features a 3-way configuration using an 8-inch woofer, 1.5-inch voice coil, 1.5-inch cloth midrange and 1-inch silk dome 50° angle Direct Axis Extending Tweeter. MSRP $500/ea.
• The z400c is a 2-way design featuring a carbon fiber woofer with a 1.25-inch voice coil and 1-inch Aluminum Dome 50° angle Direct Axis Extending Tweeter. MSRP $450/ea.
• The z300c is a 2-way design featuring a 6.5-inch carbon fiber woofer with a 1.25-inch voice coil and 1-inch Silk Dome 50° angle Direct Axis Extending Tweeter. MSRP $400/ea.
• The z200c features a dual voice coil, 6.5-inch poly driver with dual 1-inch silk dome, 20° no-diffraction angling tweeters. Ultimate flexibility with Mono, Stereo, and Surround D2 direct diffuser™ modes. MSRP $350/ea.
• The z100c is an entry-level 2-way model that features a 6.5-inch poly driver with a
1-inch silk dome 50° no-diffraction angling tweeter. MSRP $275/ea.
The coNEXTion Systems R2L series of in-ceiling speakers consists of two models that employ a “no-tool baffle” called Rotate-to-Lock:
• The r2L-65c is a higher performance 2-way distributed audio configuration comprised of a 6.5-inch poly driver and 1-inch, 50° angle no-diffraction silk dome tweeter. Incorporated on the front baffle is a 3-Way High Frequency Level Control. MSRP $360/pr.
• The r2L-50c is a 2-way configuration comprised of a 5.25-inch poly driver and 1-inch 50° angle no-diffraction angling soft dome tweeter. MSRP $280/pr.
• The r2L-250i is a 2-way distributed audio 6.5-inch configuration including patent-pending 20° low diffraction angling eyeball tweeter. Like the in-ceiling designs, it incorporates a “no tool baffle.” An I/R knockout, selectable impendence, and a 3-Way High Frequency Level Control are also included. MSRP $400/pr.
The sonoma Indoor / Outdoor Speaker Series
The sonoma Series features the world’s first Side Firing Pneumatic Coupled (SFPCTM) indoor/outdoor bass extension system that combines dual passive radiators, molded into the speaker cabinet, with a 5.25-inch aluminum driver.
• The sonoma ten features an all aluminum 2-way configuration comprised of a single 5.25-inch woofer, a 1-inch tweeter and the dual passive radiators incorporating SFPC. MSRP $600/pr.
• The sonoma twenty, wide angle single-point stereo design features an all aluminum 5.25-inch dual voice coil woofer, dual 1-inch tweeters mounted at a 45°angle, and dual passive radiators incorporating SFPC. MSRP $375/ea.
As with all Triad-branded models, each of the coNEXTion model’s grills can be custom paint matched by Triad, including the outdoor sonoma series’ enclosure and grill.
For more information on Triad Speakers and coNEXTion Systems, please contact Paul Muto at 631.849.4301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Triad Speakers
Established in 1982 by President Larry Pexton (a founding member of CEDIA), Triad Speakers, Inc. is a steadily growing provider of complete loudspeaker solutions for multi-room residential and home theater system applications. A top choice by many CEDIA custom integrators nationwide, the company has made significant advancements in the arena of front-channel speakers, surrounds, subwoofers, distributed audio speakers via enclosed in-wall, in-ceiling and freestanding designs.
Triad uses the finest materials, including premium MDF, drivers from the finest vendors in Northern Europe, high-grade crossover components, and the best veneer and paint finishes and grills available. Over 80% of Triad’s products are manufactured daily in Portland Oregon, in a pure build to order operation with no work in progress and no finished goods inventory of the US built products. In the 2006-2008 Inside Track Supplier Loyalty Tests, Triad ranked #1 in the category of Best Custom Installation Company. Company contact info: Triad Speakers, Inc. / 15835 NE Cameron Blvd. / Portland, Oregon 97230 / Main Phone: 503.256.2600 / Fax: 503.256.5966 / Internet: www.triadspeakers.com